Best Peranakan Restaurants in Singapore
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Singapore team
In the last decade, a revival of interest in the Peranakan culture has made Peranakan Cuisine even more popular. Discover this typical South East Asian gastronomy and its mouth-watering receipes kept and transmitted in families for generations.
Peranakan Chinese or Baba-Nonya are the descendants of the 15th and 16th century Chinese traders who settled down in the southeast region and married local Malay or Indonesian wives. As a result, the Peranakan cuisine also known as Nonyan cuisine is mainly Chinese gastronomy that has been influenced by Malay, Indian, Thai and Indonesian cultures.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Singapore:If youʻre booking your trip to Singapore last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Singapore: Guided Boat Tour and Kelong Fish Farm Visit
- Singapore: Big Bus Night Tour with Live Guide
- 10 Asian Regions: eSIM Data Plan
- Singapore: Marina Bay Sands Observation Deck E-Ticket
- Singapore: 2-Hour Private City Tour Off the Beaten Track