Singapore: Katong Neighborhood Private Food Tour
Explore the Katong neighborhood of Singapore on a private tour. Try local Peranakan cuisine as you walk by historic shops, houses, and eateries in this charming part of the city.
- Learn about complex Peranakan food culture from a local guide
- Discover the history of the area as a major seaport
- Try dishes made with the best local ingredients
DescriptionLearn about Singaporean cuisine which is famous for its diversity and variety of influences from several ethnic groups. This is largely due to its history as a major seaport with a large immigrant population. Explore the charming neighborhood and its Peranakan cuisine on a private guided tour. Embark on a culinary journey and taste a variety of local foods. Peranakan people are descendants of early Chinese migrants who settled in Singapore and intermarried with local Malays. Peranakan cuisine is a fusion of Chinese ingredients and spices with the Malay cooking techniques. As such, dishes are distinguished by their unique aromas, textures, and tastes. During your tour, you will taste a variety of foods including Curry Puffs, Roti Prata, Teochew Kueh (dumplings), and many more. You may also pick up one or two Singlish words, a delightful slang consisting of English, Malay, Hokkien, Teochew, and Cantonese.
IncludesFood tastings Bottled water Local English-speaking guide Gratuities Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The weather in Singapore is hot and humid the whole year round, so casual and comfortable clothes like t-shirts and shorts are recommended
- You may also want to pack a small and portable umbrella along as the weather can change unexpectedly
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability