Sultans of Spice: A Kampong Glam Guided Walk
Are you a business owner in Singapore?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Singapore.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit one of Singapore's most unique districts
- Explore sites such as the Sultan Mosque and the Old Istana Kampong Glam
DescriptionHow was it exactly that Singapore was sold to the British for 60,000 Spanish Dollars? Find out about the man who did it, and the man who forced him into it. Few people remember the sultans that used to rule Singapore but we'll share with you their stories. The old Royal Palace, the Sultan Mosque, the Tombs of the Malayan Princes: they all carry an air of royalty that disappeared all too quickly. Uncover a curious blend of Malay folk traditions and Islam in the legends of the mysterious keris(dagger), exotic perfumes, and the story of a faith that is so often misunderstood. Don't miss this hidden cultural enclave where Singapore's indigenous culture still thrives!
IncludesEnglish speaking licensed guide Meals and drinks unless specified Tips and gratuities Optional activity costs Personal expenses
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance.
- As a mark of respect to the Mosque, visitors must be dressed appropriately. Please wear a sleeved blouse/shirt and long skirt or pants. A limited number of robes are also available at the mosque.
- Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho, and a bottle of water.
- Private tour available at different rates. For details, please enquire with the firm.
- Children under 7 years old may attend free of charge.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Big Bus Open-Top Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Tour
See the best of Singapore onboard an open-top double-decker bus. Cruise by iconic landmarks like the Marina Bay Sands, Singapore Flyer, Gardens by the Bay, and the toweri4 ReviewsFrom SGD 47.00
3.5-Hour Chinatown Food Adventure
Join this food tour through Singapore’s Chinatown that leaves no stone, rice cake, or noodle roll unturned and learn about one of the city’s most unique neighborhoods4 ReviewsFrom SGD 113.73
Singapore Sports HubMarina-Bay, Singapore
Asia's most inspiring destination for sports, lifestyle and entertainment................
Masjid Jamae (Chulia)Chinatown, Singapore
A Green Mosque in the heart of Chinatown.............
Wave House SentosaSentosa, Singapore
Singapore itself lacks the great waves surfers long for but the Wave House in Sentosa is now compensating this with their wave generating installation right on the 70,000
Keppel Bay Sailing AcademySentosa, Singapore
Sail training and yatch tour.............
Uncle TrishawArab-Street---Kampong-Glam, Singapore
Singapore's only licensed Trishaw operator.............
Confucius InstituteHolland---Clementi, Singapore
This is for expatriates and non-Chinese speaking individual who wish to pick up the Chinese language.............
Scape BazaarOrchard-Road, Singapore
A flea market in the Orchard Road area.............
Marina Bay 3-Hour Mini Segway Tour
Visit 12 amazing viewing points in Singapore on a 3-hour tour by mini Segway. Learn how to operate the easy-to-drive personal transporters and glide effortlessly to Tanjo23 ReviewsFrom SGD 120.00