Sultans of Spice: A Kampong Glam Guided Walk
Are you a business owner in Singapore?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Singapore.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit one of Singapore's most unique districts
- Explore sites such as the Sultan Mosque and the Old Istana Kampong Glam
DescriptionHow was it exactly that Singapore was sold to the British for 60,000 Spanish Dollars? Find out about the man who did it, and the man who forced him into it. Few people remember the sultans that used to rule Singapore but we'll share with you their stories. The old Royal Palace, the Sultan Mosque, the Tombs of the Malayan Princes: they all carry an air of royalty that disappeared all too quickly. Uncover a curious blend of Malay folk traditions and Islam in the legends of the mysterious keris(dagger), exotic perfumes, and the story of a faith that is so often misunderstood. Don't miss this hidden cultural enclave where Singapore's indigenous culture still thrives!
IncludesEnglish speaking licensed guide Meals and drinks unless specified Tips and gratuities Optional activity costs Personal expenses
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance.
- As a mark of respect to the Mosque, visitors must be dressed appropriately. Please wear a sleeved blouse/shirt and long skirt or pants. A limited number of robes are also available at the mosque.
- Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho, and a bottle of water.
- Private tour available at different rates. For details, please enquire with the firm.
- Children under 7 years old may attend free of charge.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Mandai Executive Golf CourseNorth-Woodlands, Singapore
This is Singapore's first public golf course.............
Peranakan MuseumCivic-District, Singapore
The Peranakan Museum is an intimate museum, which concentrates on the Peranakan culture. A wonderful educational opportunity for all ages..........
St John's IslandSentosa, Singapore
One of Singapore's Southern islands, which offers some overnight staying facilities.............
Magical River Walking Tour
See Singapore from where it all began - the Singapore River. Learn more about Singapore on this amazing 2-hour river tour.From SGD 70.00
Laguna National Golf & Country ClubEast-Coast, Singapore
One of the forefront players of the Singapore golf scene. It was ranked No.3 on the 2013/2014 Golf Digest Singapore Course Ranking. Laguna National also serves as home to
OCBC Garden Rhapsody The Trees of LifeMarina-Bay, Singapore
A fabulous sight that soothes the spirit............
J H Kim Taekwondo InstitutRiver-Valley, Singapore
Taekwondo for children and adults.............
Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Ticket
Visit Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall and learn about the history of Sun Yat Sen during the time of the Chinese Revolution. See the collection of historical photographsFrom SGD 6.00
NS Resort & Country Club Executive Par 3 CourseEast-Coast, Singapore
For your short golf game in the Changi area.............
Malay Heritage CentreArab-Street---Kampong-Glam, Singapore
The Malay Heritage Museum is the former Istana, a palace for Malay rulers in the 19th century. It was home to Malay royalty and newly reopened after a SGD 3 million makeo