Changi World War II Tour
Are you a business owner in Singapore?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Singapore.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit The Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition alongside other significant and storied sites of Singapore's WWII heritage
- Stop off at Changi Beach, site of the Sook Ching Massacre
- Explore Changi Village and visit Johor Battery to see a replica of a 15-inch gun battery
- Learn about the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives during WWII at the Kranji War Cemetery
DescriptionThis 4-hour coach and walking tour is a must-do for military history aficionados and anyone interested in the turbulent and not-so-distant, past of the island state of Singapore. Now a world-class city and economic powerhouse, during the war it was a scene of horror following the Japanese occupation. It is estimated that more Australian prisoners perished during incarceration in the labor camps than died in battle itself. The Changi World War 2 trail commemorates the struggle of these brave men and women during battle and their internment and this tour tells some of their stories. Visit the Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition, drive past Changi Village and visit a replica of a 15-inch gun battery at Johor Battery. Learn about the Selarang Barracks, the former Japanese Prisoner-of-War Camp and hear how Singapore fell out of the control of the Allies in 1942. You will also visit Kranji War Cemetery, a significant site of remembrance. A poignant, yet inspiring tour it remembers the pain, torture and human suffering and celebrates the spirit of survival against the odds.
IncludesEnglish speaking licensed guide Transport Entrance fees Tips Meals and drinks Optional activity costs
- This is a bus and walking tour
- Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to tour date to reconfirm tour and meeting details
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance
- Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho and a bottle of water
- Private tour available at different rates. For details, please inquire
- Children below 7 years old travel free of charge
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Gogreen Segway Eco AdventureSentosa, Singapore
Experience a thrilling and new way to explore Sentosa. Segway Tours are fun and its to learn. The Gogreen Segway Eco Adventure offers several tours, some of which are qui
Water Sports CentreMarina-Bay, Singapore
For Canoeing, Kayaking and Dragon Boating.............
Singapore Polo ClubNorth-Woodlands, Singapore
This is the place to watch a Polo game.............
Warren Golf & Country ClubWest-Jurong, Singapore
A distinctive golf and lifestyle club in Singapore............
Central Fire StationCivic-District, Singapore
Every Saturday morning, children are allowed to enter and experience Singapore's oldest existing fire station. They play, learn and experience through interactive games a
Sentosa: Zipline and MegaJump Experience
Experience the ultimate thrill seeker day out that combines 2 top attractions. Fly over the jungle and beaches of Sentosa Island as you take the MegaZip flying fox and le3 Reviews
Private 3-Hour eScooter Adventure by Marina Bay
Zip your way around the playground of Singapore aboard an eScooter on this private tour of the Marina Bay area. Be in awe of the iconic buildings and breathtaking views aFrom SGD 382.78
Night Safari and Tram Ride
Go on a journey of wild animal encounters at the Singapore Night Safari. Experience the world's first nocturnal animal safari and enjoy an evening with the whole family,143 ReviewsFrom SGD 67.00
Singapore East Coast & Changi Malay Heritage Tour
Soak up the rich cultural heritage of the Malays in Singapore on a half-day tour of the East Coast and Changi. See Malay ethnic areas, both old and new, as you tour Chang4 ReviewsFrom SGD 32.00
Bukit Brown CemeteryNature-Reserve, Singapore
Considered as the largest Chinese cemetery outside of China, Bukit Brown is also a magical and serene place in the middle of a jungle, telling Singapore's history........