Changi World War II Tour
Are you a business owner in Singapore?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Singapore.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit The Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition alongside other significant and storied sites of Singapore's WWII heritage
- Stop off at Changi Beach, site of the Sook Ching Massacre
- Explore Changi Village and visit Johor Battery to see a replica of a 15-inch gun battery
- Learn about the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives during WWII at the Kranji War Cemetery
DescriptionThis 4-hour coach and walking tour is a must-do for military history aficionados and anyone interested in the turbulent and not-so-distant, past of the island state of Singapore. Now a world-class city and economic powerhouse, during the war it was a scene of horror following the Japanese occupation. It is estimated that more Australian prisoners perished during incarceration in the labor camps than died in battle itself. The Changi World War 2 trail commemorates the struggle of these brave men and women during battle and their internment and this tour tells some of their stories. Visit the Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition, drive past Changi Village and visit a replica of a 15-inch gun battery at Johor Battery. Learn about the Selarang Barracks, the former Japanese Prisoner-of-War Camp and hear how Singapore fell out of the control of the Allies in 1942. You will also visit Kranji War Cemetery, a significant site of remembrance. A poignant, yet inspiring tour it remembers the pain, torture and human suffering and celebrates the spirit of survival against the odds.
IncludesEnglish speaking licensed guide Transport Entrance fees Tips Meals and drinks Optional activity costs
- This is a bus and walking tour
- Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to tour date to reconfirm tour and meeting details
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance
- Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho and a bottle of water
- Private tour available at different rates. For details, please inquire
- Children below 7 years old travel free of charge
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Malay Heritage Centre Ticket
Visit the Malay Heritage Centre and learn the history of the dynamic culture of the Malay community through Singapore's history.1 ReviewsFrom SGD 6.00
Butterfly Park & Insect KingdomSentosa, Singapore
With roughly 1,500 stunning butterflies, the Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom is a monument to the beauty of small creatures. Explore their past through insect architect
Private 3-Hour Tour of Little India
Get a thrilling crash course of the sites, sounds, and smells of vibrant Little India. This is one of Singapore’s most colorful and exciting neighborhoods and a mysticaFrom SGD 382.78
MegaZip Adventure ParkSentosa, Singapore
The MegaZip is mega fun! Featuring the most thrilling and stimulating adventure park in Singapore where you can swing high above the jungle and soar in the sky. All ages
NS Resort & Country Club Executive Par 3 CourseEast-Coast, Singapore
For your short golf game in the Changi area.............
Wonder Full Water and Laser ShowMarina-Bay, Singapore
A breathtaking Water and Laser Show in the beautiful Marina Bay.............
Palawan BeachSentosa, Singapore
This is the most family-friendly beach on Sentosa Island.............
Singapore Botanic & National Orchid GardenDempsey-Hill---Tanglin, Singapore
This vibrant garden is one of the most beautiful in the whole of Singapore, offering seasonal tours of the gardens and several year-round events.............
Kampong Glam 3-Hour Self-Guided Food Tour
Explore Singapore's eclectic Kampong Glam area on this self-guided food tour. Make your way along the curated route and discover the city's hidden gems with the assistancFrom SGD 63.67
Sembawang Country Club (Golf)North-Woodlands, Singapore
Golfing and a wide array of activities for its members.............