Changi World War II Tour
Are you a business owner in Singapore?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Singapore.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit The Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition alongside other significant and storied sites of Singapore's WWII heritage
- Stop off at Changi Beach, site of the Sook Ching Massacre
- Explore Changi Village and visit Johor Battery to see a replica of a 15-inch gun battery
- Learn about the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives during WWII at the Kranji War Cemetery
DescriptionThis 4-hour coach and walking tour is a must-do for military history aficionados and anyone interested in the turbulent and not-so-distant, past of the island state of Singapore. Now a world-class city and economic powerhouse, during the war it was a scene of horror following the Japanese occupation. It is estimated that more Australian prisoners perished during incarceration in the labor camps than died in battle itself. The Changi World War 2 trail commemorates the struggle of these brave men and women during battle and their internment and this tour tells some of their stories. Visit the Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition, drive past Changi Village and visit a replica of a 15-inch gun battery at Johor Battery. Learn about the Selarang Barracks, the former Japanese Prisoner-of-War Camp and hear how Singapore fell out of the control of the Allies in 1942. You will also visit Kranji War Cemetery, a significant site of remembrance. A poignant, yet inspiring tour it remembers the pain, torture and human suffering and celebrates the spirit of survival against the odds.
IncludesEnglish speaking licensed guide Transport Entrance fees Tips Meals and drinks Optional activity costs
- This is a bus and walking tour
- Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to tour date to reconfirm tour and meeting details
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance
- Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho and a bottle of water
- Private tour available at different rates. For details, please inquire
- Children below 7 years old travel free of charge
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Singapore Walking Tour Cityscapes
Go on a 3-hour historical walking tour through modern Singapore. Enjoy architecture, old and new, and sample local delicacies like kaya toast and unique cookies.1 ReviewsFrom SGD 25.00
Singapore Discovery CentreWest-Jurong, Singapore
Wake every inch of the sensory nerves for an unforgettable experience at The Singapore Discovery Centre.............
Changi Golf ClubEast-Coast, Singapore
A challenging course with panoramic view of the sea.............
City ToursMarina-Bay, Singapore
The Captain Explorer, operated by City Tours, is a popular choice among tourists and a comfortable way to to experience Singapore when on a tight schedule.............
Night Safari and Tram Ride
Go on a journey of wild animal encounters at the Singapore Night Safari. Experience the world's first nocturnal animal safari and enjoy an evening with the whole family,143 ReviewsFrom SGD 67.00
Changi Beach ParkEast-Coast, Singapore
The Changi Beach Park is one of the oldest coastal parks in Singapore. Its white sandy beaches are perfect for a stroll, BBQ or swim. Bring your family and enjoy the laid
Sri Sivan TempleEast-Coast, Singapore
A mighty Hindu temple in the Geylang neighbourhood.............
Shermay's Cooking SchoolHolland---Clementi, Singapore
Accessible classes for the novice and advanced techniques for more experienced cooks. It was awarded in 2014 the Marrone Culinary Institution of the Year.............
The Maritime Experiential MuseumSentosa, Singapore
Visit the Maritime Experiential Museum to experience history come alive. With life-size Treasure Ship replicas, you are able to experience a journey that once was.......
S.E.A AquariumSentosa, Singapore
Part of Marine Life Park, S.E.A Aquarium is the world's largest oceanarium.............