Changi World War II Tour
Are you a business owner in Singapore?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Singapore.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit The Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition alongside other significant and storied sites of Singapore's WWII heritage
- Stop off at Changi Beach, site of the Sook Ching Massacre
- Explore Changi Village and visit Johor Battery to see a replica of a 15-inch gun battery
- Learn about the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives during WWII at the Kranji War Cemetery
DescriptionThis 4-hour coach and walking tour is a must-do for military history aficionados and anyone interested in the turbulent and not-so-distant, past of the island state of Singapore. Now a world-class city and economic powerhouse, during the war it was a scene of horror following the Japanese occupation. It is estimated that more Australian prisoners perished during incarceration in the labor camps than died in battle itself. The Changi World War 2 trail commemorates the struggle of these brave men and women during battle and their internment and this tour tells some of their stories. Visit the Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition, drive past Changi Village and visit a replica of a 15-inch gun battery at Johor Battery. Learn about the Selarang Barracks, the former Japanese Prisoner-of-War Camp and hear how Singapore fell out of the control of the Allies in 1942. You will also visit Kranji War Cemetery, a significant site of remembrance. A poignant, yet inspiring tour it remembers the pain, torture and human suffering and celebrates the spirit of survival against the odds.
IncludesEnglish speaking licensed guide Transport Entrance fees Tips Meals and drinks Optional activity costs
- This is a bus and walking tour
- Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to tour date to reconfirm tour and meeting details
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance
- Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho and a bottle of water
- Private tour available at different rates. For details, please inquire
- Children below 7 years old travel free of charge
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Mandai Executive Golf CourseNorth-Woodlands, Singapore
This is Singapore's first public golf course.............
Peranakan MuseumCivic-District, Singapore
The Peranakan Museum is an intimate museum, which concentrates on the Peranakan culture. A wonderful educational opportunity for all ages..........
St John's IslandSentosa, Singapore
One of Singapore's Southern islands, which offers some overnight staying facilities.............
Magical River Walking Tour
See Singapore from where it all began - the Singapore River. Learn more about Singapore on this amazing 2-hour river tour.From SGD 70.00
Laguna National Golf & Country ClubEast-Coast, Singapore
One of the forefront players of the Singapore golf scene. It was ranked No.3 on the 2013/2014 Golf Digest Singapore Course Ranking. Laguna National also serves as home to
OCBC Garden Rhapsody The Trees of LifeMarina-Bay, Singapore
A fabulous sight that soothes the spirit............
J H Kim Taekwondo InstitutRiver-Valley, Singapore
Taekwondo for children and adults.............
Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Ticket
Visit Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall and learn about the history of Sun Yat Sen during the time of the Chinese Revolution. See the collection of historical photographsFrom SGD 6.00
NS Resort & Country Club Executive Par 3 CourseEast-Coast, Singapore
For your short golf game in the Changi area.............
Malay Heritage CentreArab-Street---Kampong-Glam, Singapore
The Malay Heritage Museum is the former Istana, a palace for Malay rulers in the 19th century. It was home to Malay royalty and newly reopened after a SGD 3 million makeo