Changi World War II Tour
Are you a business owner in Singapore?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Singapore.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit The Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition alongside other significant and storied sites of Singapore's WWII heritage
- Stop off at Changi Beach, site of the Sook Ching Massacre
- Explore Changi Village and visit Johor Battery to see a replica of a 15-inch gun battery
- Learn about the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives during WWII at the Kranji War Cemetery
DescriptionThis 4-hour coach and walking tour is a must-do for military history aficionados and anyone interested in the turbulent and not-so-distant, past of the island state of Singapore. Now a world-class city and economic powerhouse, during the war it was a scene of horror following the Japanese occupation. It is estimated that more Australian prisoners perished during incarceration in the labor camps than died in battle itself. The Changi World War 2 trail commemorates the struggle of these brave men and women during battle and their internment and this tour tells some of their stories. Visit the Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition, drive past Changi Village and visit a replica of a 15-inch gun battery at Johor Battery. Learn about the Selarang Barracks, the former Japanese Prisoner-of-War Camp and hear how Singapore fell out of the control of the Allies in 1942. You will also visit Kranji War Cemetery, a significant site of remembrance. A poignant, yet inspiring tour it remembers the pain, torture and human suffering and celebrates the spirit of survival against the odds.
IncludesEnglish speaking licensed guide Transport Entrance fees Tips Meals and drinks Optional activity costs
- This is a bus and walking tour
- Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to tour date to reconfirm tour and meeting details
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance
- Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho and a bottle of water
- Private tour available at different rates. For details, please inquire
- Children below 7 years old travel free of charge
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Sisters' IslandsSentosa, Singapore
They are two of the few Southern islands of Singapore where overnight camping is allowed..........
Skyline Luge SentosaSentosa, Singapore
Skyline Luge Sentosa, this unique experience, the first of its kind in Singapore and Southeast Asia, is perfect for the thrill seekers of all ages.............
Yamaha Music EducationOrchard-Road, Singapore
Yamaha provide a wide range of musical Instruments and music education.............
Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Ticket
Visit Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall and learn about the history of Sun Yat Sen during the time of the Chinese Revolution. See the collection of historical photographsFrom SGD 6.00
OCBC Aquatic CentreMarina-Bay, Singapore
Singapore's premier aquatic centre.............
Private Customizable Tour with a Local Host
Get to know Singapore through the eyes of a local and book a local host for a fully customized experience. Learn about the top attractions and lesser known parts of the c9 ReviewsFrom SGD 162.39
Singapore's Old Colonial District Walking Tour
The imprint of Singapore's colonial past can still be felt in the city today. On this walking tour discover the stories behind this fascinating period of history. Visit f12 ReviewsFrom SGD 38.00
Night Safari Ticket, Priority Tram Ride & Return Transfer
Embark on a journey into the jungle after dusk, where magic and mystery truly come alive. Benefit from a hotel return transfer and enjoy tram priority boarding on your ni154 ReviewsFrom SGD 67.50
Katong 2-Hour Self-Guided Food Tour
Taste Singapore's "foodie" neighborhood on this self-guided food tour. With the help of an app, you'll make your way along the curated route and discover Katong's hiddenFrom SGD 63.67
The Escape ArtistBukit-Timah, Singapore
Looking for an adventure? Come on down to The Escape Artist! Singapore's First Real Life Room Escape experience promise to give you an adventure you can never imagine, ti