Changi World War II Tour
Are you a business owner in Singapore?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Singapore.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit The Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition alongside other significant and storied sites of Singapore's WWII heritage
- Stop off at Changi Beach, site of the Sook Ching Massacre
- Explore Changi Village and visit Johor Battery to see a replica of a 15-inch gun battery
- Learn about the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives during WWII at the Kranji War Cemetery
DescriptionThis 4-hour coach and walking tour is a must-do for military history aficionados and anyone interested in the turbulent and not-so-distant, past of the island state of Singapore. Now a world-class city and economic powerhouse, during the war it was a scene of horror following the Japanese occupation. It is estimated that more Australian prisoners perished during incarceration in the labor camps than died in battle itself. The Changi World War 2 trail commemorates the struggle of these brave men and women during battle and their internment and this tour tells some of their stories. Visit the Changi Chapel and Museum Temporary Exhibition, drive past Changi Village and visit a replica of a 15-inch gun battery at Johor Battery. Learn about the Selarang Barracks, the former Japanese Prisoner-of-War Camp and hear how Singapore fell out of the control of the Allies in 1942. You will also visit Kranji War Cemetery, a significant site of remembrance. A poignant, yet inspiring tour it remembers the pain, torture and human suffering and celebrates the spirit of survival against the odds.
IncludesEnglish speaking licensed guide Transport Entrance fees Tips Meals and drinks Optional activity costs
- This is a bus and walking tour
- Please call the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to tour date to reconfirm tour and meeting details
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance
- Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho and a bottle of water
- Private tour available at different rates. For details, please inquire
- Children below 7 years old travel free of charge
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Asian Civilisations MuseumCivic-District, Singapore
Visit the Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) to experience a multitude of culture, housing over 14,000 square metres of artefacts and collections from Asia..........
Flight ExperienceMarina-Bay, Singapore
Ever flown an airplane? Here is your chance! Flight Experience provides you a chance to get as close to the real thing as possible. This interactive entertainment will st
Singapore Chinatown Night Tour: Dinner, Trishaw & Boat Ride
Visit Singapore’s bustling Chinatown and see colorful activities, set against a backdrop of rich history. Explore a Traditional Chinese Medicine Hall followed by dinner45 ReviewsFrom SGD 109.00
Chinatown ComplexChinatown, Singapore
If you're looking for a less touristy place to eat and for complete immersion in the Chinese culture, then head to Chinatown Complex.............
Golden Mile Food CentreArab-Street---Kampong-Glam, Singapore
Commonly known as Beach Road Army Market, this is the place for all kind of army related goods, camping equipments and delicious local food................
Jacky Lim NLP Training and CoursesCivic-District, Singapore
We use our expertise in NLP and learning to train people for Personal and Professional Development.............
Marina BarrageMarina-Bay, Singapore
An ideal spot for kite flying.............
Malay Heritage Centre Ticket
Visit the Malay Heritage Centre and learn the history of the dynamic culture of the Malay community through Singapore's history.1 ReviewsFrom SGD 6.00
Wonder Full Water and Laser ShowMarina-Bay, Singapore
A breathtaking Water and Laser Show in the beautiful Marina Bay.............
City ToursMarina-Bay, Singapore
The Captain Explorer, operated by City Tours, is a popular choice among tourists and a comfortable way to to experience Singapore when on a tight schedule.............