3.5-Hour Chinatown Food Adventure
Are you a business owner in Singapore?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Singapore.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Discover the fascinating world of Singapore’s hawker centers
- Experience the charm of traditional Chinatown in the heart of this cosmopolitan city
- Feast on typical goodies such as rice cakes, poh piah, chicken rice, and more
- Learn all about the origins of Singapore’s diverse Chinatown neighbourhood and how the early migrants came to live there
DescriptionYour Singapore food fest will begin at the Chinatown complex, the largest hawker centre in Singapore, with over 220 stalls. With all those options, you may feel a little overwhelmed, but you’ll have a knowledgeable local by your side to show you the ropes. Your guide will introduce you to the hawker center and help you pick out some of the most authentic, tasty Singaporean treats. Savor the famous chicken rice along with delicious poh piah (fresh spring roll). Then try some mouth-watering local Chinese delights such as chwee kueh (water rice cake) with freshly crushed, ice cold sugar cane juice. While you chow down on your food, your local guide will be sharing with you some Singapore history, information about the city’s rich culture, and some local know-how on how this food is prepared. You’ll also learn how hawker centers came to be, and why this tradition is so close to the Singaporeans’ hearts. This tour is interactive – ask your local guide plenty of questions about all that you can see and taste. After your first dose of deliciousness, take a stroll through the wet market to explore local food sources. Check out some interesting livestock and fresh ingredients used in local food. Next, hit the streets of Chinatown. Learn about the history of the early migrants in this area, and how they came to settle and build their lives here. You’ll experience how people from all kinds of places live in harmony in Chinatown as you visit some religious sites dotted along the same street. You can take a respite from the outdoor heat with a visit to the air conditioned Urban Redevelopement Authority (URA) gallery to understand how the city planners built Singapore from a humble fishing village to a great cosmopolitan city! After all that exploration, finish up your Singapore tour with a freshly brewed teh or kopi tarik (pull tea / coffee) and a taste of Singaporean fusion with a tasty roti prata to complete your day tour. While you eat, your tour guide will fill you in on a few final bits of local knowledge, give you an opportunity to ask them any more burning questions you may have, and some tips and tricks for the rest of your time in the magical city of Singapore.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide Food as indicated in the description Non-alcoholic drinks Alcoholic beverages Additional food Items of a personal nature Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Food on the tour is provided on a shared basis. Due to this it may not be possible to accommodate the dietary requirements of some guests. To inquire whether the food on the tour is suitable for you, please contact the tour supplier in advance. Children must be 6 years to 11 years of age, inclusively. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour. This is a walking tour and guests will be exposed to elements such as sun and rain. Therefore, casual clothes and good walking shoes are appropriate. Tops with sleeves and bottoms covering the knees are necessary. It is also suggested to bring a hat, water bottle, pack of tissues, and some money for personal purchases.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Mandai Executive Golf CourseNorth-Woodlands, Singapore
This is Singapore's first public golf course.............
Peranakan MuseumCivic-District, Singapore
The Peranakan Museum is an intimate museum, which concentrates on the Peranakan culture. A wonderful educational opportunity for all ages..........
St John's IslandSentosa, Singapore
One of Singapore's Southern islands, which offers some overnight staying facilities.............
Magical River Walking Tour
See Singapore from where it all began - the Singapore River. Learn more about Singapore on this amazing 2-hour river tour.From SGD 70.00
Laguna National Golf & Country ClubEast-Coast, Singapore
One of the forefront players of the Singapore golf scene. It was ranked No.3 on the 2013/2014 Golf Digest Singapore Course Ranking. Laguna National also serves as home to
OCBC Garden Rhapsody The Trees of LifeMarina-Bay, Singapore
A fabulous sight that soothes the spirit............
J H Kim Taekwondo InstitutRiver-Valley, Singapore
Taekwondo for children and adults.............
Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall Ticket
Visit Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall and learn about the history of Sun Yat Sen during the time of the Chinese Revolution. See the collection of historical photographsFrom SGD 6.00
NS Resort & Country Club Executive Par 3 CourseEast-Coast, Singapore
For your short golf game in the Changi area.............
Malay Heritage CentreArab-Street---Kampong-Glam, Singapore
The Malay Heritage Museum is the former Istana, a palace for Malay rulers in the 19th century. It was home to Malay royalty and newly reopened after a SGD 3 million makeo