Singapore: Katong Walking Food Tour4 Reviews
Explore the Katong neighbourhood of Singapore, sampling local Peranakan cuisine. Peranakan food is a blend of Chinese ingredients with spices and cooking techniques of the Malays giving it a unique aroma, texture and taste.
- Learn about complex Peranakan food culture from a local guide
- Learn about the history of the area as a major seaport
- Try dishes made with the best local ingredients
DescriptionEmbark on a journey to the heart of Peranakan food culture in the Katong neighbourhood of eastern Singapore. Within a small group, learn about the complex fusion of cuisines from a variety of ethnic groups from a local English-speaking guide. Sample quintessential Peranakan dishes, such as Katong Laksa and Nonya Bak Zhang, which have their origins in the Chinese migrant population of the area. Experience a dizzying array of mouth-watering local favourites including Chicken Rice, Popiah, Curry Puffs, Roti Prata, Teochew Kueh and many more. Stop at eight to ten local food spots, ensuring a comprehensive insight into the local food scene.
IncludesFood tastings Bottled water English-speaking guide Gratuities
- Please wear comfortable footwear
- The weather in Singapore is hot and humid pretty much the whole year round, so casual and comfortable clothing like t-shirts and shorts are recommended
- You may also want to pack a small and portable umbrella along as the weather can change unexpectedly
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability