Singapore: Hands-on Cooking Class with Cultural Immersion1 Reviews
Dive deep into Singapore's food culture and enjoy a hands-on experience cooking up family recipes passed down through the generations. Relish the fruits of your labor: a mouth-watering 3-course Singaporean lunch with newfound friends.
- Learn interesting snippets about Singapore’s food culture and discover the secrets to Singapore's hawker centers
- Cook up local family recipes passed down through many generations like Laksa, Hainanese Chicken Rice, and Satay
- Use fresh local ingredients, and benefit from the guidance of your instructors throughout
- Savor the fruits of your labor: a sumptuous 3-course Singaporean meal
- Hear intricate stories of how your instructors overcame challenges to return to the workforce through the local partner's flexi-work arrangements
DescriptionUpon arrival at the vibrant cooking studio, be greeted by your friendly instructors and get settled down comfortably with a cup of coffee or tea with nostalgic snacks/bites. Start the class off with a fun ice-breaker game to help you delve deep into Singapore's heritage, food, and culture. Then, learn more about the dishes you will be cooking for the day, from the origins of the dish to the specific local ingredients used. Next, put on your apron and chef hat and proceed to the kitchen to cook up 3 signature Singaporean dishes. You will be provided with fully-equipped cooking workstations and ingredients, with close guidance from your instructors to help you learn all the steps to making the dishes so you can easily replicate them at home. Finally, sit down and enjoy the fruits of your labor — a sensational spread of delicious Singapore dishes that you cook up all by yourself. Bask in the satisfaction of a job well done, and continue mingling with newfound friends over a great meal. This is also a good time to pick up more local expert knowledge like the best places to eat or things to do for the rest of your stay in Singapore.
IncludesAll the ingredients required for the class Use of chef hats and aprons Coffee, tea, and drinking water Complimentary high-speed wifi Hotel pickup and drop-off Gratuities
- This class is not recommended for people with limited mobility
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability