Want to Run Your OwnFind Out More
My Guide Website?
My Guide Website?
Singapore: City Origins & History Private Walking Tour21 Reviews
Discover the fascinating origins of Singapore on a guided walking tour of the city. Learn about this inspiring and resilient city and retrace its history from colonized fishing village to an independent and vibrant international hub bursting with culture.
- Visit a number of Singapore's most historically significant locations
- Listen to the city's transformation from a fishing village to a metropolitan city
- Learn about Singapore's multi-cultural society, heritage, and culture
- Capture the best photos and videos at scenic spots around the city
- Discover lesser-known areas off-the-beaten-track
DescriptionRetrace the history of Singapore in the company of an expert guide and learn about the origins of the Lion City from its humble beginnings. Meet your guide at Raffles Place MRT Station or, your referred pick-up location 30 minutes before start time (when pick-up & drop-off option is selected). Then, set out on a walk along the Singapore River to discover how the city developed from a small fishing village to a busy trading port of the British Empire. Learn about how the city’s history is tied to the importance of the river, and how it was once lined with fishing boats and spice sellers. Continue the tour onto Fullerton Hotel, the city's newly minted National Monument, and admire the grand architecture of the building. Next, wander through the Civic District, bursting with historical, architectural, and cultural heritage, and where modern Singapore was born. Visit the National Gallery, the city’s newest and largest museum of Singapore and Southeast Asian art and afterwards stroll along the Marina Bay Esplanade before finally visiting the mythical Merlion, the city’s national icon.
IncludesEnglish-speaking local guide All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not suitable for guests who require walking assistance
- Child's price is for guests aged 3 to 12
- Guests are advised to be punctual
- Tour operates rain or shine
- Please bring along a poncho/umbrella
- Please bring water
- Dress code is casual with comfortable footwear.
- Moderate amount of walking is required, including outdoors
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromSGD 217.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today